When: 20-21 August 2020
Field: International Relations – Topic: SECURITY POLICY.
A Digital Certificate of participation will be awarded by the WYAcademy.
Working language and material: All of the summit and the given material will be in English.
Limited number of participants!
- Early bird: €37,9 (Sales end on June 30, 2020).
- Late bird: €47,9 (Sales end on July 31, 2020).
- General admission: 75€. (Sales end on Aug 20, 2020).
- Alumni: €21,9 if you have participated in the Diplomado or Conflict Analysis Training (Sales end on Aug 16, 2020).
(Other Academies and schools charge around
€730. Instead, we stick to the affordable participation fee).
This program is subsidized by the WYAcademy.
Institutions: World Youth Academy (WYAcademy) / Shabka / Austrian Institute for European and Security Policy (AIES).
Level of the lectures: Introductory to Intermediate.
The program is particularly designed for a small group of young professionals with the aim of providing them an immersive and comprehensive introduction to the mechanisms, challenges, and strategies of the most influential international organizations. Thanks to the network of the WYAcademy, you will have master classes with the most important policy-makers, analysts, and practitioners in the world. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to learn more about their operations and work on the field.
What exactly is the WYAcademy Summit and WHY SHOULD I ATTEND?
- The International Security Policy Summit is an experience of more than just courses or lectures. It’s an immersive experience specially designed to make an impact in your life.
- Our conferences and Master Classes are designed to inspire, motivate, challenge you, and additionally to create connections: to make you feel like “I wanna do this”, “I wanna change that” or “I will definitely keep in contact with this person to do this”. Why? Because this is the most important goal of the Summit, and it’s the key to success and our students’ satisfaction.
- Age and experience no longer limit the participation of this kind of summits, in fact, there are extraordinary young professionals that all can learn from. Students in many occasions have a great vision of the what we can do together and better.
- The difference, the outstanding success, satisfaction, but most importantly, the results of our Summits are not during the attending days, obviously it’s important, but the results are after the Summit and they depend only on you, of what to do with what you learn, experienced and lived in the WYAcademy Summit.
- The fundamental factors, without any doubt, are the speakers that are given to you to network, the contact with of the organizations and institutes, the student’s group and the city itself.
- No refunds are applicable to this program.
Applicants must know that all our programs are subventioned almost entirely by the WYAcademy itself, and the participation fees are used to pay immediately to the creditors and fund partially the event.
The International Security Policy Summit is entirely organized by the World Youth Academy, which is also based in Vienna as many other international organizations, and it is aimed to enrich the professional development of the participants.
The United Nations in Vienna and OSCE are certainly not co-organizing this Summit, neither financially supporting it. Instead, they do grant access to their headquarters and provide lectures with significant and relevant insights from their department, and through their staff members they also contribute to environment of respect and discussion that the Summit creates throughout itself.
We have been successfully organizing a presencial Summit over the past 5 years, and until now have gotten only the best reviews, feedbacks and support from both, participants and international organizations.
- 10:30 Welcome and Introduction by Ramiro Murguia, Director of the World Youth Academy.
- 10:45 – 11:45 Master Class “UNODC Engagement of Non-Governmental Actors in Fighting Transnational Organised Crime” by Billy Batware, UNODC.
- 12:00 – 13:00 “How COVID-19 affects crime globally” by Jean-Luc Lemahieu, Director, Division for Policy Analysis and Public Affairs, UNODC.
- 15:00 – 16:00 “The Conflict Prevention Centre and the Field… An essential Collaboration”, Tarik Ndifi, OSCE Analyst.
- 16:15 – 17:45 “New Security Threats: Disinformation in Times of Covid-19” by Michael Zinkanell, AIES Research Fellow.
- 10:45 – 11:45 International presentation: “What is the OSCE – A general overview of OSCE history and activities” by Florence Le Clézio, Senior Media Assistant, OSCE.
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lecture by Oleksandr Krylenko, from the Office of Combating Trafficking in Human Beings.
- 15:00 – 16:30 "Global System Transformation" Velina Tchakarova, AIES Head of Institute.
- Final words by Ramiro Murguía, Founding Director of the World Youth Academy.
- End of the Summit