Billy Batware works at the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) where he is responsible for crime and drug prevention and counter-terrorism projects. He is also Founding President of United for Education and Sustainable Futures (UESF) whose flagship project is Youth Education Ambassadors (YEA), and founder of the Regional Academy on the United Nations (RAUN). He is visiting lecturer of international conflicts and development, a certified trainer in international security, and a regular speaker at international conferences and events. He has a BA in Diplomatic Studies and an MA in International Security Studies. Billy is currently pursuing his PhD research with a focus on the institutional cooperation of the United Nations agencies.
In his spare time, Billy works to educate and empower young people and advocates for better human rights, equitable development, and awareness about sustainable development.
- ‘Pakrac+20 –A post-war revisit and field mission: What has changed and where from here?’ (2014)
- ‘Regional Academy on the United Nations Report (2012)’
- ‘Rwanda Ethnic Conflicts: A historical look at root causes (2012)’
- ‘The role of multinational corporations in DRC conflict (2011)’
- ‘The African Standby forces: a solution to African conflicts? (2011)’ ‘International disaster relief assistance –the role of the military report (2011)’