Billy Batware is a Consultant at United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). He is the Executive Director of Forum for Young Internationalists (FYI), the umbrella organization for the Regional Academy on the United Nations. Parallel to his duties, Billy is Founding President of United for Education and Sustainable Futures (UESF), visiting lecturer of conflict and development and a certified trainer in international security as well as a regular speaker at international conferences and events. He has a BA in Diplomatic Studies and an MA in International Security Studies. Billy is currently pursuing his PhD at the University of Vienna. His research focuses on institutional cooperation of the UN agencies
In his spare time, Billy works on educating and empowering young people and advocating for better human rights, equitable development, and awareness about environmental issues.
- ‘Pakrac+20 –A post-war revisit and field mission: What has changed and where from here?’ (2014)
- ‘Regional Academy on the United Nations Report (2012)’
- ‘Rwanda Ethnic Conflicts: A historical look at root causes (2012)’
- ‘The role of multinational corporations in DRC conflict (2011)’
- ‘The African Standby forces: a solution to African conflicts? (2011)’ ‘International disaster relief assistance –the role of the military report (2011)’