IF you are curious about Latin America and cultural exchange with it, you are proactive, you love to work in a multicultural environment and look for kicking off your professional career into a young, international and fast-growing organization THEN apply for our Internship program!
Internship in Latinomics HQ – Vienna, Austria
THE event management Intern will be will play an integral role in the planning, execution and evaluation of the Diplomado Internacional Latinomics’ activities held in Vienna which celebrates the diversity of our region in terms education, business and international relations. As Event Management Intern he/she will work with the teams responsible for putting together detailed plans to execute a full line-up of events. The candidate must be able to work independently. The event organizer is hands-on and will require working as part of a team. You will need to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear, effective communication, critical thinking, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. You must be able to work well under pressure, make decisions and ensure the smooth and efficient running of an event. Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to fund raising, communication with partners, sponsors, stakeholders, and event staff, and other duties as assigned. This position will report to the Director of Latinomics International and will attend Board meetings as requested by him.
What we offer
• 25-hours weekly internship based in Vienna.
• Full covered trips to Budapest, Bratislava, Prague, among others, when and only if traveling is needed.
• Insights in both the Austrian and Latin America scene.
• Direct contact to the leading personalities of International Organizations, Companies & entrepreneurship scene
• Full monthly public transport ticket will also be given.
• Outstanding team, coffee, tea, fun and great office environment.
• High chances to be hired after showing great attitude, extraordinary self-initiative, phenomenal performance and outstanding commitment.
NOTE: THIS INTERNSHIP IS NOT A PAID OR FINANCIAL SUPPORTED ONE!, since Latinomics is an international NGO that does not receive any kind of fonds, grants or financial support by anybody or any other organization.
• doesn’t look for experts.
• wants to know whether candidates can tackle difficult projects.
• does want people with high “cognitive ability”.
• wants candidates with analytical skills.
• expects people to meet ridiculously high standards.
• doesn’t care about GPAs.
• wants to know how much candidates have accomplished compared to their peers.
• looks for the ones who know when to step up and take a leadership role.
• wants to see people who take ownership of projects.
• wants to see humility, too.
• looks for employees who know when to step up and take a leadership role.
What you will do
• Planning, coordination, and management of the Diplomado Internacional Latinomics
• Coordination with event partners and partner staff (Strong organization skills)
• Managing a budget
• Working with a team to obtain proper permits
• Working with a team to plan and execute all logistical items for the Pride Week Events
• Working with a team to organize control, security, first aid, hospitality, media and talent
• Working with a team to coordinate staffing and volunteer requirements
• Prepare logistic documents for all participants
• Days of event management
• Post event evaluation
• All other duties approved by supervisor.
What you shall bring with
• Fluent English written and spoken (Strong verbal and written communications)
• Fluent Spanish
• Previous experience in the field is an amazing additional asset
• Fluent German will be great
• More languages will be considered as an amazing asset
• Ability to work with WordPress, Podio, Google apps, Excel, MailChimp, PhotoShop, InDesign
• Excellent internet and remarkable social media skills
• Enjoyment of work, live and cultural exposure while working for Latinomics
• Team work orientation and result oriented mindset
• Highly creative, open and talkative person
• Being ready for amazing trips because of work
We are searching for the one who understands and loves entrepreneurial challenges, who has no fear of cultural gaps but wants to build bridges on them, who brings proactive answers while being in front of a problem, and also who thinks always on solutions before making a complaint. It’s time for you to start your international career in an amazing project! LOOKING FOR YOU!