WORLD YOUTH ACADEMY – Verein für die Entwicklung und interkulturelle Bildung Jugendlicher. ZVR-Zahl: 1170960526.
Europaplatz 2/1/2, Vienna 1150, Austria. +43 (0) 125391 5526
TERMS FOR USING THE WORLD YOUTH ACADEMY INTERNATIONAL TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHTS
The World Youth Academy name is synonymous with high-quality communication and leadership development. The World Youth Academy trademarks are extremely valuable because they represent the standards of excellence and quality associated with The World Youth Academy. This page contains information about The World Youth Academy intellectual property and the rights associated with them.
These Terms for Using The World Youth Academy Trademarks and Copyrights (“Terms”) apply to WYAcademy, the public and third parties (“User” and “Users”) who are interested in using WYAcademy International’s materials published on www.worldyouth.academy, applications and features (collectively “the Site”). The Site is owned by WYAcademy (“The WYAcademy,” “us,” “we”). Unless otherwise indicated, all of the content contained or displayed on this Site and any products and services (collectively “Site Content”) are owned and/or controlled by WYAcademy, its licensors, or third-party partners. Please also see the WYAcademy Web site Conditions of Use (“Conditions of Use”).
A trademark is a word, phrase, symbol, or design that identifies and distinguishes the source of the goods of one party from those of others. A service mark distinguishes the source of the services of one party from those of others. Below, the terms “trademark” and “marks” refer to both trademarks and service marks.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of The WYAcademy’s trademarks: “THE WORLD YOUTH ACADEMY,” “WORLD YOUTH ACADEMY,” “WYAcademy,” the WORLD YOUTH ACADEMY Emblem, among numerous others (collectively the “WYAcademy Marks”). This is not meant to be a comprehensive list and does not represent a waiver of any of WYAcademy rights in, or to, its intellectual property. The absence of a trademark from this list does not constitute a waiver of WYAcademy’s trademark or other rights. WYAcademy reserves all rights regarding its intellectual property.
USE OF WYACADEMY’S TRADEMARKS BY WYACADEMY
WYAcademy’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following WYAcademy’s policies and guidelines, you help WYAcademy to protect its valuable trademark rights for the benefit of all WYAcademy. The goodwill derived from using any part of a WYAcademy ‘s trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to WYAcademy. Except for the limited rights permitted under these Terms, no other rights of any kind are granted here under.
WYAcademy Committees and other WYAcademy Entities may use the WYAcademy Marks in promotional and project materials as set forth in our policy, and our protocol.
You may not use the WYAcademy Marks in a manner that would imply WYAcademy’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
If you would like to sell or give away merchandise, such as t-shirts and mugs, bearing the WYAcademy Marks, you must purchase such merchandise through the WYAcademy online-store or submit a Trademark Use Request for a release to create materials. Such products must be in compliance with the Brand Guidelines and WYAcademy’s Policy and Protocol 4.0.
USE OF WYACADEMY’S TRADEMARKS BY THIRD PARTIES
You may not use the WYAcademy Marks for any purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license or trademark authorization from WYAcademy World Headquarters.
Authorized parties may use the WYAcademy Marks only as specified in their agreement with WYAcademy and any associated guidelines. If you are a licensee of WYAcademy or have received written permission to use the WYAcademy Marks, please follow the terms or guidelines set forth in your license agreement or trademark authorization form.
Any use of WYAcademy‘s trademarks, without WYAcademy’s prior written consent may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws.
USE OF WYACADEMY’S COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS AND ATTRIBUTION
A copyright is a form of protection for original works of authorship, including books, magazines, articles, software, art, music, photographs, videos, etc.
A User of this Site may download or print a single copy of any copyrighted Site Content (unless otherwise noted) for personal, noncommercial informational use, provided the User cites the website and WYAcademy appropriately and does not a) remove any trademark, copyright, or other notice contained therein and b) copy or post such Content on any networked computer. No use of Site Content in a publication for commercial purposes is permitted without the prior written permission of WYAcademy. Authorized WYAcademy uses of Site Content are set forth below.
Unless particular materials are specifically restricted or restricted as noted on the Site, WYAcademy grants WYAcademy Committee members (“Members”) only a nonexclusive license to copy, use and distribute Site Content provided the Member complies with all of the following conditions
- The copies are used in a publication of a WYAcademy Committee, division, or district;
- The copies are distributed only for noncommercial educational purposes through WYAcademy;
- The particular article, photograph, text, document, public service announcement, graphic or Site Content is reproduced in its entirety and in its original form (you may not edit or otherwise change the substance of the content, or change or delete any copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices);
- No fee is charged for any copy or for access to Site Content; and
- Attribution notice for WYAcademy‘s copyrighted materials is given as required below:
- Print reproduction: “Title of article,” author, publication title, volume, issue and date. “Copyright © (date as it appears in publication) WYAcademy. All Rights Reserved. Reprinted by permission.” (e.g., “10 Tips for Public Speaking,” Free Resources: Public Speaking Articles – Tips & Techniques. Copyright © 2015 WYAcademy. All Rights Reserved. Reprinted by permission.)
- Electronic reproduction: “Title of article,” author, publication title, volume, issue and date. “Copyright © (date as it appears in publication) WYAcademy. All Rights Reserved. Reproduced with permission.”
Pages or portions from a book or other WYAcademy publication
- Print reproduction: Title, author. “Copyright © (date as it appears in book or publication) World Youth Academy. Reprinted by permission.”
- Electronic reproduction: Title, author. “Copyright © (date as it appears in book or publication) World Youth Academy. Reproduced with permission.”
WYAcademy Photographs (WYAcademy Images)
- Print and electronic reproduction: Copyright © WYAcademy / [Optional: Photographer’s Name]
If you have purchased copies of WYAcademy DVDs or VHS tapes (“Products”), you represent, warrant and agree that such Products and the programming contained in such Products: 1) are only for non-broadcast use unless otherwise stated on packaging for or in materials about Products, and 2) are only to be displayed for educational purposes through WYAcademy.
Some of the copyrights and other proprietary rights in the photographs, publications and audiovisual materials posted or contained on this Site may also be owned by individuals and entities other than, and in addition to, WYAcademy. You must contact those copyright owners to request permission. WYAcademy is not responsible for any claim, loss or damage arising from any use of these materials and Site Content.
Any User wishing to use any of the Site Content in a publication or Trademark Use Request for commercial purposes must request and receive prior written permission from WYAcademy, which is granted at WYAcademy‘ sole discretion. Please submit a or contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any unauthorized use of Site Content, including for commercial publication or exploitation, will violate WYAcademy’s rights.
If you have any questions concerning the usage or licensing of WYAcademy copyrighted materials, please contact us to email@example.com.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK COMPLAINTS
WYAcademy respects the intellectual property rights (including copyright and trademark rights) of others and expects that you also respect others’ rights. The “Your Use of the Site” section of the Conditions of Use prohibits Users from posting content that violates another party’s intellectual property rights. WYAcademy retains the right, at its discretion, to suspend and/or terminate the accounts of users who infringe or who are accused of infringing on numerous occasions the intellectual property rights of others.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable laws, WYAcademy has adopted a policy of responding to claims that User content and Site Content on www.WYAcademy.org infringes copyright or other intellectual property rights.
If you believe that any content appearing on this Site infringes your rights, please provide notification of infringement as follows:
A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of (and location of) the content on the Site that you claim infringes your copyrighted work;
- Your full legal name, mailing address, phone number and email address;
- A declaration that a) you have a good faith believe that use of the copyrighted material that you are complaining about is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; b) the information in your notice is accurate; and c) you declare under penalty of perjury that you are the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed; and
- A physical or electronic signature (for example, typing your full name).
Please send your notice to Legal Department, WYAcademy,Europaplatz 2/1/2, Vienna 1150, Austria or to firstname.lastname@example.org. WYAcademy provides this contact information for purposes of the DMCA only and reserves the right to respond only to correspondence that is relevant to the purposes of DMCA compliance.
If you receive notification that your post has been removed due to a copyright complaint and would like to dispute or file a counter-notice to such notification, you must do so within 10 business days. We will forward a copy of a valid counter-notice to the person who filed the original complaint. If your account receives too many copyright complaints, WYAcademy may suspend or terminate your account, at WYAcademy‘s sole discretion.
Your counter-notice shall contain the following information:
- Your full legal name, address, telephone number and email address;
- A description and the location of where the content was removed;
- A statement that under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed in error; and
- A physical or electronic signature (for example, typing your full name).
Please send your counter-notice to: Attn: Legal Department, WYAcademy, Europaplatz 2/1/2, Vienna 1150, Austria. +43 (0) 125391 5526 or email@example.com.
If you believe that a User is using your trademark in an infringing way on this Site, please contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org. WYAcademy will review your submission and take any necessary action, at its sole discretion.