NOT included in the participation fee are: transport of any kind, meals, and accommodation.
NO SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR THIS PROGRAM. The training is already subsidized by the World Youth Academy.
Topic: Conflict Analysis
Field: International Relations and Diplomacy
Where: Poole, Bournemouth, U.K.
International Certificate: The International Certificate is issued by the World Youth Academy.
Day 1: Fri 21 Feb: 9am-5pm
Day 2: Sat 22 Feb: 10am-6pm
Contribution: € 295.-
Level of the course: Intermediate to advance.
Working language & material: The training and materials are provided in English.
Enrollment starts on 23 November 2019 and closes on 10 February 2020.
The 2-day intensive training programme provides practically applicable education to aspiring students, graduates and policy makers alike. The course will be delivered by a distinguished conflict analyst and researcher who will reflect upon his own experience in the areas of conflict management, conflict prevention and post-conflict rehabilitation measures.
In a mix of lectures, plenary discussions and group work, workshop participants will have the chance to apply the newly learned methodologies in practice and to share their own experience with others which will enrich group discussions. At the conclusion of the event, participants will be awarded a certification of selection into the training, whilst establishing what will undoubtedly be invaluable new connections amongst young policy makers and future leaders.
What you will learn in Conflict Analysis Training:
Participants will learn which methodologies of conflict analysis can be applied to understand international conflicts. In particular, how a proper conflict analysis can provide substantiated advice to decision-makers when it comes to resolving (violent) conflicts with peaceful means. The fundamental understanding is that any conflict management effort which is undertaken without a proper conflict analysis before-hand is unlikely to be successful, but will be futile at best.
Conflict Analysis subdivided into topics
- Conflict prevention
- Conflict actors
- Conflict causes and effects
- Conflict dynamics
- Conflict resolution
Why participate in this training?
- Participants will learn how they can apply conflict analysis methodologies to understand conflicts and to contribute to their solution.
- The basic requirement to find a durable conflict solution is to understand the different aspects of the conflict. Therefore, it is necessary to distinguish between the causes, the involved actors’ interests and the effects of conflict. Participants will learn how to distinguish between these factors and test the newly learned knowledge in group discussions on real-life conflict scenarios.
- The learned methodologies can be applied in different working areas, be it in disputes about political decisions, or in areas of development support, where the perspectives and needs of the different communities will have to be taken into account, or on intra-group conflicts. Therefore, the perspectives that workshop participants will have from different academic and professional background will enrich and allow them to broaden their understanding and to use cross-thematic perspectives on how to address conflicts in an inclusive way.
- The workshop trainer will share his experience from field research and the application of conflict analysis in real life. These insights will allow participants to be familiarised with some of the challenges that any theoretical conflict analysis inherits, and which participants should be aware of when applying the new methodologies in their own working environment.
- To be at least 21 years old at the moment of the training.
- To have a good command of English.
- To have a valid passport and VISA in case you need to come to the UK.***
*** If you do not have a visa to visit UK, WE DO NOT carry or process your visa process. For more information see the website of the British Embassy in your country.
The Training includes
Holiday Inn Express Poole
Address: Walking Fields Lane, Poole, POL BH15 1RZ
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS REVIEWS
What OUR STUDENTS say
Conflict analysis and resolution expert
Mr. Billy Batware is an expert in international security with personal and professional experience and expertise in conflict resolution. He is a certified trainer and works for the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime in Vienna. After leaving his country Rwanda in 1994 where he experienced conflicts first-hand, Billy studied diplomacy and international security studies in Vienna, Austria and lived and worked in conflict-affected countries.
He is currently pursuing his PhD with a focus on institutional cooperation of the United Nations agencies. Billy has been conducting conflict analysis trainings since 2012 and has trained more than 300 people from all over the world. Billy is a guest lecturer of international security and development, a regular speaker at international conferences and the founder of several human security initiatives namely the United for Education and Sustainable Futures, Regional Academy on the United Nations, and International Security and Conflict Analysis Network.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS REVIEWS